Welcome to the Middle Atlantic
The Middle Atlantic Regional Council (MARC NAHRO) of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is a membership organization representing housing and community development agencies in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- empowers its members to build and expand their capacity to provide decent, safe, affordable, housing and increased quality of life in the communities they serve, and
- facilitates quality education, training, information, networking opportunities and advocacy for its members
Application deadline: July 16th
The Mary E. Paumen Leadership Scholarship will award up to $1000 annually to scholarship recipients for an opportunity to participate in a broad range of training, seminars, certifications, leadership development experiences, and research internships, either domestically or internationally. To be eligible, applicants must be either a commissioner, an employee, or a resident council leader of a MARC NAHRO agency member.
Click here to submit an Application
NAHRO 2021 Leadership Election:
A Conversation with Candidates for NAHRO President and Senior Vice President, Members Only!
2021 NAHRO Merit College Scholarship Application
Eight regional scholars, who are pursuing their first post-secondary degree, will receive $1,000 each. Of the eight regional winners, three will be selected to be a NAHRO-LDG scholar. This designation provides additional scholarship funding.
Each NAHRO member agency and NAHRO region will have different deadlines.
State deadlines are as follows:
Pennsylvania – April 19
Maryland – May 28
Delaware – June 1
For more details and to download the application click here
“What Home Means to Me” Poster Contest
Since 2008, this contest has recognized the amazing, poignant art of children who live in affordable housing across the country. Each piece of art visually shares the child’s thoughts on what their home means to them. Each year, hundreds of children, ages 5-18, participate in the contest. Their heartfelt messages about their homes underscore the importance of the work that housers and community development professionals do.
Housing authorities submitting entries to the national poster contest must first send entries to their local/state NAHRO chapter or NAHRO regional council.
State Deadlines are as follows:
New Jersey – June 9
Maryland – June 28
Pennsylvania – June 30
To View Poster Contest Rules and Submit Application click here
Check out Our Latest Virtual Classroom offerings!
NAHRO’s virtual classrooms are designed exclusively for the remote audience and taught by recognized industry experts. Browse the offerings, which have been scheduled through the end of this year, and map out your plan to advance your career!
Members will receive a discount of $10 on every NAHRO “Virtual Classroom” offering and MARC NAHRO will also receive a revenue share for each participant from our region!
- April 21-23: Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons Virtual Classroom
- April 20-23: Commissioners Guide to Monitoring and Oversight Virtual Classroom
- April 26-30: Public Housing Occupancy, Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation (PHOEIR) Virtual Classroom
- May 12-13: Succession Planning Virtual Classroom
- May 17-21: Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Virtual Classroom
- May 17-21: HCV Occupancy, Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation Virtual Classroom
- June 9-10: Excellence in Customer Service Virtual Classroom
- June 15-18: Commissioners’ Fundamentals Virtual Classroom
- June 28-July 1: Resident Leadership Virtual Classroom
- July 27-30: Commissioners Guide to Monitoring and Oversight Virtual Classroom
- August 9-13: Family Self-Sufficiency Virtual Classroom
- August 17-20: Procurement and Contract Management Virtual Classroom
- September 14-17: Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons Virtual Classroom
- November 1-5: Family Self-Sufficiency Virtual Classroom
- November 15-19: Rent Calculation Essentials for HCV and PH Staff Virtual Classroom
- December 6-9: RAD Project Based Vouchers (PBV) Virtual Classroom
How does it work? When registering, please use code MARC2020, click apply prior to checkout, it’s that simple!
Check out our Latest e-Learnings,
Webinars & More!
- April 15: Transition to NSPIRE – What to expect with HUD inspections
- April 19: Got Equity? How racial and economic inequity creates disparities and restricts access to opportunity
- April 21: Affordable Housing ABCs
- April 21-23: Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons
- April 22: Financial Management Training Program: Leadership Development
- April 28-29: e-Learning: Ethics for Commissioners EARLY BIRD ENDS 4/7/21
- May 5: HCV Homeownership Intensive Calculation Workshop EARLY BIRD ENDS 4/14/21
- May 26: Ethics for Management EARLY BIRD ENDS 5/5/21
- Mary 27-28: Repositioning: Where Do I Start? EARLY BIRD ENDS 5/6/21
- June 02: Financial Management Training Program: Increasing Non-Federal Revenue
- June 30 – July 1: Ethics for Commissioners EARLY BIRD ENDS 6/9/21
- Ends December 2021: NAHRO online Certification Exam
- March 19-April 03: Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Proficiency Test
- March 26-April 10: NAHRO HQS Certification Exam, 3/26/2020, Online
- March 29-April 13: NAHRO Income and Rent Calculation Proficiency Test
- April 30-May 15: NAHRO Public Housing Occupancy, Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation Certification Exam
- May 21-June 05: NAHRO HQS Certification Exam
Please contact email@example.com or
call 202 580-7211 for further details and/or registration assistance.
MARC NAHRO 630 I Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 REGIONAL SUPPORT – Sylvia Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org 202-580-7201