Welcome to the Middle Atlantic
The Middle Atlantic Regional Council (MARC NAHRO) of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is a membership organization representing housing and community development agencies in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- empowers its members to build and expand their capacity to provide decent, safe, affordable, housing and increased quality of life in the communities they serve, and
- facilitates quality education, training, information, networking opportunities and advocacy for its members
Application deadline: July 16
The Mary E. Paumen Leadership Scholarship will fund NAHRO professional and leadership development opportunities for commissioners, board members, employees, and resident council leaders in MARC NAHRO.
NAHRO 2021 Election Webinars – Register now, Members Only!
April 8: NAHRO 2021 Election Webinar
July 22: NAHRO 2021 Election Webinar
September 9: NAHRO 2021 Election Webinar
2021 NAHRO Merit College Scholarship Application
Eight regional scholars, who are pursuing their first post-secondary degree, will receive $1,000 each. Of the eight regional winners, three will be selected to be a NAHRO-LDG scholar. This designation provides additional scholarship funding.
Each NAHRO member agency and NAHRO region will have different deadlines.
State deadlines are as follows:
Pennsylvania – April 19
Delaware – June 1
Maryland – To be Determined
“What Home Means to Me” Poster Contest
Since 2008, this contest has recognized the amazing, poignant art of children who live in affordable housing across the country. Each piece of art visually shares the child’s thoughts on what their home means to them. Each year, hundreds of children, ages 5-18, participate in the contest. Their heartfelt messages about their homes underscore the importance of the work that housers and community development professionals do.
Housing authorities submitting entries to the national poster contest must first send entries to their local/state NAHRO chapter or NAHRO regional council.
State Deadlines are as follows:
New Jersey – June 9
Pennsylvania – June 30
Maryland – To be Determined
Check out Our Latest Virtual Classroom offerings!
MARC NAHRO continues to partner with NAHRO Professional Development on their “Virtual Classroom” offerings that will directly benefit members and our Region!
Members will receive a discount of $10 on every NAHRO “Virtual Classroom” offering and MARC NAHRO will also receive a revenue share for each participant from our region!
- March 8-12: Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) Virtual Classroom
- March 15-19: Family Self-Sufficiency Virtual Classroom
- March 22-26: Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Virtual Classroom EARLY BIRD ENDS 3/1/21
- March 22-29: Rent Calculation Essentials for HCV and PH Staff Virtual Classroom EARLY BIRD ENDS 3/1/21
- April 6-7: Workshop for Executive Directors Virtual Classroom – EARLY BIRD ENDS 3/16/21
- April 13-16: Procurement and Contract Management Virtual Classroom EARLY BIRD ENDS 3/23/21
- April 20-23: Commissioners Guide to Monitoring and Oversight Virtual Classroom EARLY BIRD ENDS 03/30/21
- May 17-21: Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Virtual Classroom EARLY BIRD ENDS 4/26/21
*Please Note: Members will receive a discount of $10 on NAHRO Distance Learning opportunities and MARC NAHRO will also receive a revenue share for each participant from our region!
How does it work? When registering, please use code MARC2020, click apply prior to checkout, it’s that simple!
Check out our Latest e-Learnings,
Webinars & More!
- March 10-11: HCV Homeownership
- March 17: New Section 3 Requirements for 2021
- April 21-23: Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons EARLY BIRD ENDS 3/31/2021
- May 26: Ethics for Management EARLY BIRD ENDS 5/5/21
- June 30 – July 1: Ethics for Commissioners EARLY BIRD ENDS 6/9/21
- Ends December 2021: NAHRO online Certification Exam
- February 15-March 2: NAHRO HCV Occupancy, Eligibility, Income and Rent Calculation Certification Exam, 2/15/2021, Online
- March 26-April 10: NAHRO HQS Certification Exam, 3/26/2020, Online
- March 26-April 13: NAHRO Income and Rent Calculation Proficiency Test
Please contact email@example.com or
call 202 580-7211 for further details and/or registration assistance.
MARC NAHRO 630 I Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 REGIONAL SUPPORT – Sylvia Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org 202-580-7201