Welcome to the Middle Atlantic
The Middle Atlantic Regional Council (MARC NAHRO) of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) is a membership organization representing housing and community development agencies in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- empowers its members to build and expand their capacity to provide decent, safe, affordable, housing and increased quality of life in the communities they serve, and
- facilitates quality education, training, information, networking opportunities and advocacy for its members
THE MARY E. PAUMEN LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
The Mary E. Paumen Leadership Scholarship will award up to $1000 annually to scholarship recipients for an opportunity to participate in a broad range of training, seminars, certifications, leadership development experiences, and research internships, either domestically or internationally. To be eligible, applicants must be either a commissioner, an employee, or a resident council leader of a MARC NAHRO agency member.
What Home Means to Me Calendars on Sale Now!
NAHRO is now offering pre-sales for the 2022 Housing America “What Home Means to Me” calendar. The calendar contest is part of the Housing America public awareness campaign, which seeks to raise national awareness of the need for and importance of safe, quality, affordable housing through education, advocacy, and empowerment. As the country and world continues to grapple with the impacts of the coronavirus, the importance of having a home gained renewed recognition.
Invest In Yourself: Upcoming Professional Development Trainings
NAHRO’s virtual classrooms are designed exclusively for the remote audience and taught by recognized industry experts. Browse the offerings, which have been scheduled through the end of this year, and map out your plan to advance your career!
Members will receive a discount of $10 on every NAHRO “Virtual Classroom” offering and MARC NAHRO will also receive a revenue share for each participant from our region!
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST VIRTUAL CLASSROOM OFFERINGS!
- November 1-5: Family Self-Sufficiency Virtual Classroom
- November 1-8: Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Virtual Classroom
- November 9-10: 2021 High Priority NSPIRE Inspections Virtual Classroom
- November 15-19: Rent Calculation Essentials for HCV and PH Staff Virtual Classroom
- November 15-19: Managing Maintenance (MM) Virtual Classroom
- Nov 30 – Dec 3: Commissioners’ Fundamentals Virtual Classroom
- December 6-9: RAD Project Based Vouchers (PBV) Virtual Classroom
- December 6-16: Public Housing Manager (PHM) Virtual Classroom
- December 13-16: Commissioners Guide to Monitoring and Oversight Virtual Classroom
How does it work? When registering, please use code MARC2020, click apply prior to checkout, it’s that simple!
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST E-LEARNINGS, WEBINARS & MORE!
- October 20-21: Repositioning: Where Do I Start?
- October 27-28: Ethics for Commissioners
- November 4: Financial Management Training Program: Cyber & IT Security
- December 7-8: Financial Management Training Program: Industry Knowledge & Updates
- December 15: Ethics for Specialists
Ends December 2021: NAHRO online Certification Exam
November 5-20: NAHRO Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Proficiency Test
December 9-24: NAHRO RAD Project-Based Vouchers Certification Exam
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
call 202 580-7211 for further details and/or registration assistance.
MARC NAHRO 630 I Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 REGIONAL SUPPORT – Sylvia Bowen email@example.com 202-580-7201