The Middle Atlantic Regional Council of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (MARC NAHRO) represents Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virgin Islands, the Territories of Puerto, and those parts of the Province of Ontario in the Dominion of Canada, which lie directly north of New York.
Our mission is to assist members and their agencies toward the attainment and provision of adequate housing and sound communities through the processes of development, preservation, conservation, rehabilitation, and redevelopment.
The purpose of MARC shall be:
- to improve the standards and practices of all phases of administration
- to develop and improve the professional standards involved in the administration of programs;
- to strengthen the capacity of the Association at all levels and provide for
(a) the exchange knowledge and experience via meetings, training, and education programs,
(c) the improvement of program administration and
(d) the enhancement of professional development opportunities.
- to facilitate effective relationships among all levels of government in the development and execution of housing and community development responsibilities; and
- to cooperate and collaborate with other agencies, associations, and groups, both public and private, having similar or related purposes.