Housing America is a campaign that aims to raise national awareness of the need for and importance of safe, quality, affordable housing through education, advocacy, and empowerment.
2020 Poster Contest
Each year, Housing America holds a poster contest for children residing in affordable housing and community developments owned or administered by NAHRO member agencies. Posters express the theme of “What Home Means to Me.” The contest is a collaborative effort of NAHRO state chapters and regions; national honorees are selected from chapter and/or state-level winning entries.
The contest participation is open to all children residing in affordable housing assisted directly or supported under community development and affordable housing programs administered by a NAHRO member authority (i.e., public or Section 8-assisted housing CDBG, HOME, LIHTC).
Contest entry rules (poster sizes must be 22” x 28” to be considered) and information about prizes are now on the Housing America Campaign website. Please note that each poster must be accompanied by both an application form and a narrative form.
Posters must be submitted to your state chapter.
- Delaware – deadline to submit is May 1, 2019 – Delaware Poster Contest
- Maryland – deadline to submit is May 3, 2019 – MAHRA Poster Contest Information
- New Jersey- deadline to submit is May 15, 2019 – NJNAHRO Poster Contest Information
- Pennsylvania – deadline to submit is May 10, 2019 – PAHRA Poster Contest Information
- One of MARC’s agencies does not have any public housing but they get participants involved by sending invitations to voucher holders that have a child(ren) and invite them to an art and pizza night. The provide all of the art supplies and the children create their posters. The posters are then set up on display like at an art show.